Fwd: [GAP Forum] Choosing random elements from a group

Sandeep Murthy srmurthy at brookes.ac.uk
Tue May 19 05:46:03 BST 2009

I forgot to mention that my starting point is
a subset triple (S=G,T=1,U=1) - where 1 is the trivial
subgroup of G - which we know satisfies
the algebraic condition - and then randomly
subtract elements from G, add elements to
T and to U such that the resulting product size
satisfies the size conditions.

Sincerely, Sandeep.

Begin forwarded message:

Sandeep Murthy