[GAP Forum] Question about Random Elements

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 23:16:01 BST 2009

Dear Joe,

the IO package by Max Neunhöffer has so called "real random sources".
The IO manuals says: "It is an extension to the library mechanism of
random source objects that uses the devices /dev/random and /dev/
urandom available on Linux systems (and maybe on other operating
systems) providing random numbers that are impossible to predict."

See them in the IO manual here: http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/pkg/io/doc/chap6.html

Best wishes,
Alexander