[GAP Forum] ConjugatorPermGroup returns infinity

Joe Bohanon jbohanon2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:39:22 BST 2009

I have two subgroups of Co1 under the smallest permrep that GAP says are
conjugate.  However, "ConjugatorPermGroup" returns infinity.  I checked
the source and there's something in there about avoiding too much
recursion.  I was under the impression that "IsConjugate" actually just
returns "ConjugatorPermGroup=fail" for groups.  Yesterday, it was
actually returning infinity for two subgroups that were equal.  I
skirted the issue in my code, but now the subgroups aren't equal.

Is there some easy way to set the recursion depth limit higher or should
I just copy-and-paste the code into a new function and up the limit?

Thanks
Joe