[GAP Forum] function help

Tom Murphy tr_murphy at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:25:19 GMT 2009

I'm trying to write a function which will print out values of the KnownProperties of my USER variables. I can list the Known Properties easily enough, BUT, when I attempt to construct a string for EvalString; I get into trouble.. Gap wants to resolve the function rather than use it.. If that makes sense.  Anyway, I could probably make things work if I knew how to write a function that just returns it's name as a string.

The code below is the last of many trials that almost but DID NOT work. Any help appreciated..

uu:="abc";

dkpp:=function(obj)
local cr,lo,elo,nlo,kpl, i, kpv;
cr:="\n";