[GAP Forum] [newbie] Direct product decomposition

T 145 times145 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 19:56:24 GMT 2009

Joe, thanks; top job!

I'll use List(DirectFactorsOfGroup(G),StructureDescription) from now on.  That does what I need for things like C6, too, i.e. splits it down to indecomposable factors, which StructureDescription doesn't bother to do.

Ed.

PS: "KRULL SCHMIDT"!  There, now it's associated with the keywords that I failed with originally :)