[GAP Forum] New update of GAP released

John McDermott jjm at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Dec 19 12:23:51 GMT 2008

Dear GAP Forum,

Following the recent announcement of GAP 4.4.11, we announce the
release of
GAP 4 release 4 update 12 (GAP 4.4.12 for short), which is available
now from
the GAP Web pages and FTP site. We have made this release quickly
after the
previous release due to the discovery of a bug introduced in GAP
4.4.11 which
could cause GAP to crash whenever a GAP function was executed while
certain
loops or functions were parsed, for example via the hooks used for
prompt
colouring.

This update also fixes a bug which made command-line editing unusable
on 64
bit Mac platforms.

See http://www.gap-system.org/Download/Updates/gap4r4p12.html.

Please note that we have not been able to provide with this release a
binary
for versions of the Apple Mac operating system prior to Mac OS X. If
you need
to run GAP on such a platform please contact us by email to
support at gap-system.org.

John McDermott,
for the GAP Group.

--
John McDermott
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC01353