[GAP Forum] Stabilizer of a vector for Coxeter Groups

Caudrelier, Vincent Vincent.Caudrelier.1 at city.ac.uk
Thu May 15 17:09:39 BST 2008

All,

I'm trying to compute the stabilizer of a given vector in the underlying
essential vector space of a finite Coxeter group seen as a reflection
group acting on this vector space.

I've tried with F4 by defining it as a matrix group then typing
something like "Stabilizer(F4,[[1],[0],[0],[0]]);" but I suspect this is
not doing what I want but rather it gives the stability group of the

group element corresponding to the reflection associated to e_1 and not
the stability group of e_1 itself.

I hope my question makes enough sense and that someone can help me.

Many thanks

Dr Vincent CAUDRELIER
Lecturer in Mathematics
City University