[GAP Forum] GAP @ Home?

Joe Bohanon jbohanon2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:56:55 GMT 2008

At the CGT conference last week the concept of "GAP @ Home" was thrown
out there sort of as a joke, but I'm wondering if that might actually be
possible.
I'm curious to know if anyone here has heard of BOINC.  I forget what
the acronym stands for, but it's a meta-client through Berkeley for SETI
and other programs like it, including one that searches for big primes.

I know at least for the prime programs, you don't even need GUI to set
it up.  It would be cool if people could make their processor available
for some of these enormous group theoretic calculations that would be
impossible on a single machine.

Joe