[GAP Forum] Re: Another memory problem

mim_ at op.pl mim_ at op.pl
Mon Mar 17 11:32:17 GMT 2008

Thank you for the answers I have received ! It helped. I can use GAP with more memory now.

I believe there is a way to create function for Derivations, which consumes less memory. In the matrix A:= NullMat( n^2, n^3, R ); most of the entries are zeros.

I have tested it for algebra M6:=MatrixAlgebra(Rationals, 6);
There are 22476 non zero entries among 36^5=60466176.

I will try to create such function when I have more time.

Regards,
Marek Mitros

(...)