[GAP Forum] Cartesian Group Direct Product

PAUL HJELMSTAD phjelmstad at msn.com
Sat Jan 5 18:05:33 GMT 2008

Dear Alexander Hulpke, Dear GAP-Forum,

Thanks! I realized after I sent my last message, that I was not
understanding the meaning of "Cartesian" correctly, but I see you understood
what I meant. Someone else called what I am looking for the "cross-product"
representation, or what you call the transitive product representation.

Finding the CycleIndex should be relatively easy here, but expanding to the
Polya Polynomial
has proved difficult, merely because of a problem with variables. Thanks

PGH