[GAP Forum] semisimple algebra invariant subspace decomposition

R.N. Tsai r_n_tsai at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 20:11:41 GMT 2007

Thanks Marek,

  Things work now. It looks like your method  of checking whether a
  vector is in a subspace is better than what I was using.

> bb:=MutableBasis(F, V); # MM
> M:=List(vD4,x->List(V,y->IsContainedInSpan(bb,x*y))); #MM

  It would be good to have what I was using also works (in principle
  there's no reason for it to fail) since that gives a matrix for the action;
  maybe it's a simple fix in GAP.

  Regards,
  R.N.