[GAP Forum] Can GAP compute indecomposble modules of group algebra KSn?

Frank Lübeck frank.luebeck at math.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 8 14:31:25 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 09:18:14PM +0800, Dmitrii Pasechnik wrote:
> IMHO you have to be more specific when you say "compute". What exactly do
> you mean? There can be infinitely many nonisomorphic modules like this,
> isn't it?
>

> On 11/8/07 1:15 PM, "董井成" <dongjc at njau.edu.cn> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am a new man in this field? I have a question:
> > Can GAP compute indecomposble modules of group algebra KSn? For example

In my answer I have only talked about irreducible modules (which is part of
the problem and which are not known in general for symmetric groups).
Finding all indecomposable modules is much harder. I don't know by heart what
can be said for S_n with very small n, maybe someone else can provide
information?

Best regards again,
   Frank

--
///  Dr. Frank Lübeck, Lehrstuhl D für Mathematik, Templergraben 64,  ///
\\\                    52062 Aachen, Germany                          \\\