[GAP Forum] Re: Exceptional compact Lie algebras

Shaun Van Ault ault at math.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 5 15:04:46 GMT 2007

Dear Marek Mitros,
   You may also want to look into the LiE system

http://wwwmathlabo.univ-poitiers.fr/~maavl/LiE/

   This system offers many built-in Lie functions that seem to perform
faster than their GAP counterparts.  On the downside, the scripting
language associated with LiE is not very powerful, so you may need to
write programs in another language accessing the LiE functions only when
necessary.  There is a GAP-LiE interface, called "liegap", but for the
life of me, I cannot remember how to obtain it!  I do have a copy of the
  binaries for "liegap", though, if you are interested.

Best,
-Shaun Ault