[GAP Forum] GAP and SL(4,3)

Dmitrii Pasechnik dima at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Oct 28 01:14:06 BST 2007

Dear Petar,

This table (for SL(4,3)) is in the GAP's library of character tables, so it
doesn't need to be computed. Just do
t:= CharacterTable("2.L4(3)");

then you can do many things: e.g. just display the table:
Display(t)

Read the manual etc for more...

By the way, CharacterTable("L4(3)") gives the table for PSL(4,3).

HTH,
Dmitrii

On 10/28/07 4:51 AM, "peter manolov" <pmanol1 at uic.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can I use GAP to find the character table of SL(4,3) ? (Special linear
> group of 4x4 matrices of determinant 1 over field with 3 elements)
>
> I'm particularly interested in the cuspidal characters of SL(4,3). I've
> never used GAP before. If it is possible to find that character table, how
> do I start?
>
> Petar Manolov
> PhD student
> UICt