[GAP Forum] GAP and rings?

R. Keith Dennis dennis at rkd.math.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 23 13:36:46 BST 2007

Thanks for the suggestions.

However, I'm not sure that any of them work in this situation:

  the rings I want to look at are non-commutative

  the characteristic is almost never 0 nor prime

I believe that eliminates Macaulay2 and Singular; I'm not sure about
Cocoa as I haven't had a chance to look at the documentation.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood what can be done with these
packages.

Keith