[GAP Forum] Finding [2,p]-generated groups

R. Keith Dennis dennis at rkd.math.cornell.edu
Fri Jun 15 19:39:52 BST 2007

Dear Alexander,

thanks for the suggestion.  I guess "simplest way to go" for me
meant that I knew the additional reduction one could make, but
it wasn't clear to me how much it would help to speed up the
computation.  Or it might simply reflect on the level of my
programming skills ...

But in any case I would not thought of using GQuotients for this
purpose, as I was not thinking of answering a more specific question,
where the second element was restricted.

Thanks again for the comments & examples!

Keith