[GAP Forum] forwarded message from Rudolf Zlabinger re PREFAG

John McDermott jjm at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 11:06:14 BST 2007

From: "Rudolf Zlabinger" <Rudolf.Zlabinger at chello.at>
Date: 8 June 2007 17:08:26 BDT
To: "GAP Forum" <forum at gap-system.org>
Cc: <support at gap-system.org>
Subject: package PREFAG

Dear Forum,

while the original message, with the package attached, is hold for
size reasons (48KB, limit 40KB) I am allowed in the meantime to
preannounce a rewritten package PREFAG 1.0.3 without the package
attached.

PREFAG stands for PRoducts and Exact FActorizations for Groups and
gives exact factor groups of a given group and calculates external
products including ZS - Products (where none of the embedded factor
subgroups are normal in the product). Some help functions are also
included.

PREFAG 1.0.3 is a rewritten package, that adds valuable performance
options to the original version. The factorization functions can be
used now for AllSmalGroups, and, for special cases also above. The
external product function can be used now up to a product size of
about 100.000.

As I unfortunately at the moment cannot maintain a homepage, the
package now is distributed by mail on demand basis. If you are
interested on the package, please send me a mail, I will send you an
answer with the package attached. Later on the package will be
deposited at the GAP homepage at level 1.0.3 and will be available
from there. A formal acceptance procedure (refereeing) is also
already initiated. It may be, that the usage of the package is for
now restricted to Windows users, for the compress format *.zip and
for readable documentation, I will supply formats for the other
platforms as soon as possible.

best regards, Rudolf Zlabinger