[GAP Forum] Diagrams

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:03:40 BST 2007

Dear Breandán,

in the UNIX environment (Linux, X11 under Mac OS, and may work also
in Cygwin under Windows)
you can use the XGAP package (http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/
xgap.html) to display the
lattice of subgroups (all subgroups or with restrictions on some
properties). Then you can
right-click on vertices of the displayed graph to examine their
properties. Also you can save
the graphical output to the file, see http://ukrgap.exponenta.ru/
Examples/S4.pdf

I have a page http://ukrgap.exponenta.ru/Examples/Lattice.htm which
contains four screenshots
of one of previous versions of XGAP. You can click on them to enlarge
them up to 800x600
resolution to get an idea about capacities of the XGAP package.

Best wishes,
Alexander