[GAP Forum] Creating an Orbit Function

hetheo01 at student.uwa.edu.au hetheo01 at student.uwa.edu.au
Thu Apr 26 02:26:48 BST 2007

Hi

I am trying to complete a research project in which I need to define
my own function to compute the orbit of a point given a sequence of
permutations. I am aware that GAP has a predetermined function for
computing the orbit of a point, however the requirements of this
project require me to define all the functions by myself.

Can you tell me how the "Orbit" function works (can I access the code
from GAP to simplify it), or can you get me started on how to program
my function.

Thanks

Owen