[GAP Forum] GRAPE

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:33:12 BST 2007

Dear Alireza,

On 02 Apr 2007, at 17:26, Alireza Abdollahi wrote:

> Dears
>
> I would like to know whether anyone has implemented a
> program under GAP/GRAPE to
>
> 1)  calculate the Cromatic Number of a graph?

Apparently there is no implementation of this, though this
might be feasible.

> 2)  produce all connected Cayley graphs of a finite
> group, i.e., given a finite  group G, find all
> generating sets S of G and then construct the Cayley
> graph of G with respect to S, for all S.

You can construct the Caley graph of G for a specified
generating set S with the GRAPE package or with the HAP
package. But enumerating ALL generating sets for a finite
group would be hard, so if you will write such a program,
the order of the groups that it will be capable to deal
with will be limited.

Best wishes,
Alexander