[GAP Forum] 'test' GAP Package

A.Alecu at lboro.ac.uk A.Alecu at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 19:13:07 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I am new to GAP so sorry if this is a stupid one.

I am going through the 'Extending GAP' document and I am trying to create
the 'test' package (see section 4.3) (see
http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/htm/ext/CHAP004.htm#SECT003).

I have followed the steps detailed there, but I am getting the following
message when I try to LoadPackage("test").

Record : '<rec>.Dependencies' must have an assigned value at
dep := inforec.Dependencies;
called from
TestPackageAvailability( name, version ) called from
<function>( <arguments> ) called from read-eval-loop
Entering break read-eval-print loop ...

I tried to take out the ~.Version from the Banner in order to remove
the  error but no joy.

Please help.

Alexandra

------