[GAP Forum] Corrupted Message in HelpText

Bruce Colletti vze269bv at verizon.net
Sun Nov 19 17:56:11 GMT 2006

I've installed these 4.4.9 files under WinXP:

- gap4r4p9-win.zip
- packages-2006_11_09-19_37_UTC-win.zip
- xtom1r1p2-win.zip
- tools4r4p9-win.zip
- htmie4r4p9-win.zip

The installation tests pass but when I enter ?orbit, repeated "corrupted manual.six" messages appear, followed by the help text.

These messages don't appear for another who has installed 4.4.9 (under WinXP).  However, he only installed the above packages-2006 file.

What causes these messages and how can they be eliminated?  I've re-downloaded/re-installed the above files, but the messages persist.

Thankx.

Bruce