Fwd: [GAP Forum] openmath package on windows

Nilo de Roock ndroock1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 14:39:58 GMT 2006

Thanks, I think that should do the trick. But cgywin is like getting a 2nd
pc with Linux, or installing vmware with some linux. It's not what I was
looking for. More sort of some tips on how to get the code compiled on
windows and included in gap.

If GAP supports windows then why is not every package available on windows?
Why are packages accepted with documentation saying "neither tried nor
tested on windows"? I don't think there is a technical reason for why this
package doesn't work on windows except that the developer didn't want to
develop for Windows. These packages belong in an incubator and not in a
final distribution imho.

Just my 0,02€.
nilo de roock