[GAP Forum] openmath package on windows

Nilo de Roock ndroock1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:11:09 GMT 2006

Dear GAP forum,

Has anyone succesfully used the openmath package on windows?

I have been able to use OMPrint, but OMTest and OMGetObject fail with the
following message:

<message>
Error, package ``openmath'': the program `gpipe' is not compiled;
see the README file or the dvi/ps/pdf manual of the package ``openmath''.
Without this program, conversion from OpenMath to GAP cannot be performed.
  called from
<function>( <arguments> ) called from read-eval-loop
Entering break read-eval-print loop ...
you can 'quit;' to quit to outer loop, or
you can 'return;' to continue
</message>

The manual does mention that openmath has not been tested on windows.
Without further explanation it says that gpipe has to compiled first. I
suppose I need a hint on getting gpipe compiled on windows and what else
is required to get this package working.

Summarizing: how can I compile gpipe from openmath on windows and what
tools do I need to do that? ( My development skills on windows are limited
to Java. )

Thanks in advance.
--
met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,