[GAP Forum] Using Java to launch GAP

Mark Spanbroek mspanbro at win.tue.nl
Tue Sep 26 08:35:28 BST 2006

Hi Marc,

in our Java GAP library, we pass the '-p' parameter to GAP. This ensures that
GAP produces output that is easier to parse. For instance, whenever GAP is
waiting for input, it always outputs @i first (or @e in case of an error).
The code in which we handle this can be found at:
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient/source/java/org/mathdox/gapclient/GapConnection.java

You can also check out the complete library from
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient and
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/socketservice using Subversion.

I hope this helps,

Mark