[GAP Forum] ADD_TO_LIST_ENTRIES_PLIST_RANGE

KnDMcT at aol.com KnDMcT at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 17:20:09 BST 2006

I sent the following question to support at gap-system.org yesterday, but  it
bounced back as undeliverable. Can anyone on the forum mail list help?

Is it possible to get a brief description of the GAP function
ADD_TO_LIST_ENTRIES_PLIST_RANGE which occurs in the FactInt package file  mpqs.gi as:

       ADD_TO_LIST_ENTRIES_PLIST_RANGE
(Sieve,[Pos1,Pos1 + qi..Pos1 +  RangeTable[i]],-Weight);
if   Pos2  <> Pos1
then  ADD_TO_LIST_ENTRIES_PLIST_RANGE
(Sieve,[Pos2,Pos2 + qi..Pos2 + RangeTable[i]],-Weight); fi;

I'm trying to decipher this call and have been unable to locate anything in
the manual or on the GAP web site. I assume that it manipulates the first
argument which is a list of integers, but can find no documentation. The second
argument appears to be a list of indices into the first argument, but I have
no  clue what the third argument is.

Thanks,

Doug McTavish
GAP novice