[GAP Forum] RE:Calling GAP from Java

Mark Spanbroek mspanbro at win.tue.nl
Thu May 18 10:22:48 BST 2006

Hi Nilo and Michael,

A colleague of mine mentioned that you requested information about calling GAP
from Java on this mailing list, and that you found our website
(http://www.riaca.win.tue.nl).

I must admit that the information on our website doesn't reflect the most
current status of our software. We've been working on a new version of our
Java GAP Client library. Although it isn't finished yet (especially the
conversion between GAP and OpenMath needs some work), it is quite useable if
all you want to do is execute GAP commands from Java.

You can obtain a copy from our public Subversion repository at
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient/. Documentation can be found
at https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient/documentation/readme.txt
You probably also need our SocketService, which can be found at
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/socketservice/.

Our software is open source (LGPL and GPL resp.), so if you want to
contribute, you're more than welcome.

I hope this helps,

Mark