[GAP Forum] ATLASrep does work under Windows

Rudolf Zlabinger Rudolf.Zlabinger at chello.at
Tue Apr 11 09:34:52 BST 2006

Dear Thomas Breuer,

after investigating in various sources, i succeeded to setup ATLASrep using
wget under Windows.
As this information may be useful for other Windows users, i think, it would
be a good idea to publish that procedure
at a suiting central place.

Following was to do:

1)    Get the wget.exe from http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin.html

2)    Investigate the Directories for GAP system programs:
        gap> DirectoriesSystemPrograms( )
        giving im my case: cygdrive/c/windows/command for example, for
Windows users that means:

3)    put the executable wget.exe in the folder c:/Windows/command (for
example). After that wget.exe is                                     known
to  ATLASrep.

4)    after loading the package "atlasrep" set the component
AtlasOfGroupRepresentationsInfo.wget to true in order to
       disable the default to pearl.

After doing these steps Atlasrep works, as I tested getting
AtlasGenerators("A5",1), for example

Thank you for your advice in getting the wget exe, yours sincerely, Rudolf
Zlabinger