[GAP Forum] RPM package

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 16:58:11 BST 2006

Dear Igor,

to my best knowledge, very long time ago Rex Dieter produced gap.spec
for Red Hat, and it seems no longer supported.

But then it was used in AltLinux distribution (http://www.altlinux.com/)
that contains a package (in a Linux sense) gap-4.4-alt2 by Andrey
Brindeew
(dated 23 May 2004): see

http://www.altlinux.com/index.php?module=sisyphus&package=gap

You can find gap.spec in gap-4.4-alt2.src.rpm therefore:

ftp://ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/
SRPMS.classic/gap-4.4-alt2.src.rpm

I have somewhere the previous version of gap.spec from this RPM,
so I can send it to you if you prefer not to download the full
src.rpm package

Please note the following:

1) AltLinux have some specific requirements for spec-files, described
somewhere in the
documentation for AltLinux developers on the AltLinux homepage

2) Looking on the spec file, it is easy to see some possible
improvements and necessary updates

It would be interesting to know, if you will improve this spec file
and will use it.

Sincerely yours,
Alexander Konovalov