[GAP Forum] Special unitary groups

Tom Hoffman thoffman at coastal.edu
Thu Jan 12 19:20:15 GMT 2006

Does anyone know how to get a permutation representation of a special unitary
group in GAP? The manual says that the command SpecialUnitaryGroup will take a
filter as its first argument but when I tried this I got the following

GAP4, Version: 4.4.6 of 02-Sep-2005, i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
gap> SpecialUnitaryGroup(IsPermGroup, 4,2);
Error, no method found! For debugging hints type ?Recovery from NoMethodFound
Error, no 1st choice method found for `SpecialUnitaryGroupCons' on 3 arguments\
 called from
SpecialUnitaryGroupCons( arg[1], arg[2], arg[3] ) called from
<function>( <arguments> ) called from read-eval-loop
Entering break read-eval-print loop ...
you can 'quit;' to quit to outer loop, or
you can 'return;' to continue
brk>

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom