[GAP Forum] Filter trouble

Marc Roeder marc_roeder at web.de
Mon Jun 13 13:36:57 BST 2005

Dear GAP Forum,

when using DeclareOperation and InstallMethod, some filters produce strange results.
For example:

gap> DeclareOperation("CoeffList2CyclotomicList",[IsList,IsIntegralCyclotomic]);
gap> InstallMethod(CoeffList2CyclotomicList,
>         [IsList,IsIntegralCyclotomic],
>         function(list,root)
>     return List([1..Size(list)],i->list[i]*root^(i-1));
> end);
gap> CoeffList2CyclotomicList([1,2,3],E(3));
Error, no method found!...

substituting IsIntegralCyclotomic with IsCyc gives the desired result.

Are there different forms of filters or did I misunderstand the concept?

Thanks,

Marc