[GAP Forum] IsPrime

Enis Karaarslan enis.karaarslan at ege.edu.tr
Thu Jun 9 13:23:59 BST 2005

Well, I had dealed with prime numbers in my master thesis.
I had used my own algorithm-coded in GAP and compared it with Gap's
implementation
Well it is not a complicated work, but it can give some idea.

The system consists of these tests:
Perform division with small prime numbers (first 1028 primes)
Miller&Rabin Test.
Lucas Test

I also used division with Carmichael numbers test.

A paper of this survey can be found in this link:
http://bornova.ege.edu.tr/%7Eenis/bildiri/PrimeTestingAndSecurity_01042002.d
oc

Enis Karaarslan
Ege University