[GAP Forum] Solving Cubic and Quartic Equations in GAP

MCKAY john mckay at encs.concordia.ca
Wed Jun 8 16:01:02 BST 2005

What does the answer below mean???

"if at all possible" - for 3-ics and 4-ics it is ALWAYS possible.

has the answerer provided an expression in radicals for ALL solvable
polynomial in Z[x]?

If so, then let's hear about it.

It is a scandal that no-one to date has done this in symbolic computation.

John Mckay

On
Wed, 8
Jun 2005, Andreas Distler