[GAP Forum] Front end for GAP

Yevgen Muntyan muntyan at math.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 8 21:51:51 BST 2005

Gary Zablackis wrote:

> Yevgen,
>
> Thanks for this. I will be attempting to build it on a Windows 2000
> machine sometime soon. I need to update a few of my tools first. I
> will probably be sending you some questions soon.

Okay. Note that at the moment you must use MSYS or something similar to
build it on windows; configure sets quite a few important things in
Makefiles,
and it generates couple of important files - resourse files and some
from the
shared package. And even with configure it won't be easy - some things needs
to be set manually. Look at the mingw-configure file in the source tarball.
By the way, why do you need to build it yourself? If it's not something
exotic,
I can do it myself.

> The only problem I have had so far in running GGAP is that paste does
> not seem to work.

Yep, I broke it. Did you try version 0.5.1? I believe I fixed paste.

Thank you,
Yevgen