[GAP Forum] Front end for GAP

Yevgen Muntyan muntyan at math.tamu.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:40:12 BST 2005

David Joyner wrote:

> You are very welcome! It looks like a serious programming
> project.

Because of compilation time?  ;)
But yes, I am going to improve ggap and maintain it for at least
following couple of years. I have big plans for GAP + Python (it's
related to my work). I have spent already so much time on this
program, that I won't give up.

> I suggest you request to make ggap an official GAP package
> http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/packages.html
> There is a refereeing process
> http://www.gap-system.org/Contacts/submit.html

I think this can wait until the program will be really working
and usable.

> Looking forward to the next version of ggap!

So does it work for you? Do you use it? I really wish to hear
what would you like to have in this program, and what you
don't like in it. If something in ggap prevents from using it,
I want to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Yevgen