[GAP Forum] semigroup of some order

Jean-Eric Pin Jean-Eric.Pin at liafa.jussieu.fr
Wed Mar 2 16:31:30 GMT 2005

Dear Jalal Molavi,

To my knowledge, only the number of non-isomorphic commutative
semigroups of order <= 10 is known. See

Pierre Antoine Grillet, Computing Finite Commutative Semigroups: Part II
Semigroup Forum 67, Number 2, 2003, 159-184 (and Part III, 185-204)

For general semigroups, the larger known order seems to be 8

Semigroups of order 8, S. Satoh, K. Yama, and M. Tokizawa. Semigroup
Forum 49, 1994, pages 7-29.

Best regards,

Jean-Eric Pin