[GAP Forum] Running gap in emacs

Nikos Apostolakis nea at diamond.boisestate.edu
Tue Feb 15 07:37:54 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:25:55AM -0800, Gary Zablackis wrote:
> Dear Nikos,
>
> I ran into the same problem with the help buffer the other day and was able to fix it by using the mouse on the bar that separates the help window from the window above (or below) it. I do not have emacs on the machine that I am working on at the moment, but if you need further information, I will check this out at home this evening and email you more complete instructions.
> I will also look into the gap*.el files to see if there is a fix possible there.

Thanks for your replay.

Yes please do email me your solution to this problem.  By
searching some more I found that this problem is rather
old. There is question about it posted in the GAP forum in 1998:

http://www.gap-system.org/ForumArchive/Rickard.1/Jeremy.1/gap-proc.1/1.html

By playing some with emacs (including editing the file
gap-process.el) I *once* managed to convince emacs to let gap
write into buffer *Help*, however since I wasn't very systematic
about it I am not sure how to repeat this. In any case, in the
next help command the problem did reappear so whatever I did wsa
not the solution.

--
  1 2   2 3             1 2   2 3