[GAP Forum] Running gap in emacs

Gary Zablackis gzabl at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 17:25:55 GMT 2005

Dear Nikos,

I ran into the same problem with the help buffer the other day and was able to fix it by using the mouse on the bar that separates the help window from the window above (or below) it. I do not have emacs on the machine that I am working on at the moment, but if you need further information, I will check this out at home this evening and email you more complete instructions.
I will also look into the gap*.el files to see if there is a fix possible there.

Sincerely,
Gary Zablackis

Nikos Apostolakis <nea at diamond.boisestate.edu> wrote:
Hello,

I tried to run gap in an emacs buffer and I came across the
following problem. The help function is not working. Instead I
get the error "Buffer *Help* is read only". I get a similar
method when I try to use ( M- ) in a buffer in gap-mode,
namely "Buffer *Completions* is read only". Completion is
working in the gap-process buffer so I think that the problem is
in the function "gap-completions-filter" defined in the file
gap-process.el.

Is anybody else having the same problems? Any fixes?

Thanks for any help

Nikos

--
1 2 2 3 1 2 2 3