[GAP Forum] Running gap in emacs

Nikos Apostolakis nea at diamond.boisestate.edu
Sun Feb 13 03:27:16 GMT 2005

Hello,

I tried to run gap in an emacs buffer and I came across the
following problem. The help function is not working. Instead I
get the error "Buffer *Help* is read only". I get a similar
method when I try to use ( M-<tab> ) in a buffer in gap-mode,
namely "Buffer *Completions* is read only". Completion is
working in the gap-process buffer so I think that the problem is
in the function "gap-completions-filter" defined in the file
gap-process.el.

Is anybody else having the same problems? Any fixes?

Thanks for any help

Nikos

--
  1 2   2 3             1 2   2 3