[GAP Forum] GAP interface program web pages

Gary Zablackis gzabl at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:24:26 GMT 2005

Hello, David

I was able to run GAP in emacs and in xemacs using the instructions in 2(b).
I have the CYGWIN development environment installed on my machine and used the (x)emacs that comes with that.
I have not used emacs before, so I have not done much with it, yet. I hope to spend some time with the docs next week to see how it works.
I will be downloading NTEmacs today to see how that works.
The only problem I had was in attempting to use colors.gap with (x)emacs (both are X programs in the CYGWIN distribution). The default terminal settings used by X under CYGWIN do not process the escape sequences (although they are handled properly under normal Windows and non-X CYGWIN). If I have the time, I will attempt to get that working soon, too.
If you have any questions about my setup, please feel free to ask.

Gary Zablackis

David Joyner <wdj at usna.edu> wrote:

(b) To run gap in emacs or xemacs (linux/unix only) see:
http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/~wdj/gap/gap_emacs.html
3. I'd be interested to know if anyone gets GAP to run in emacs
in windows using intructions analogous to 2(b).

- David Joyner