[GAP Forum] Blocks and block systems for non-transitive groups

Petra Holmes holmespe at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:53:25 GMT 2004

You can look at each orbit of G on the points separately.  To do this, you
can use the code:

o:=Orbits(G); ims:=[];
for oo in o do
	hom:=ActionHomomorphism(G,oo,OnPoints);
	Add(ims,Image(hom));
od;

Then you can look at blocks in each orbit of G separately, as you are now
dealing with a collection of transitive groups.

Beth Holmes