[GAP Forum] 'Releases from DesignTheory.org'

Peter Dobcsanyi p.dobcsanyi at designtheory.org
Wed Dec 17 11:06:49 GMT 2003

            Release Announcements from DesignTheory.org

The EPSRC funded DesignTheory.org project, based at Queen Mary,
University of London, is pleased to announce the public releases of its
XML-format for block designs and its Design package for GAP.  We expect
these releases to be of interest to those working in combinatorial or
statistical design theory, as well as those interested in the
development of standard electronic formats for mathematical objects.

1)
        The External Representation of Block Designs v1.1,
        http://designtheory.org/library/extrep/

This is a platform independent XML-format for encoding block designs,
and their combinatorial, group-theoretical and statistical properties.

Comments, questions, bug reports -->  extrep at designtheory.org

2)
        Design v1.0 Package for GAP v4.3,
        http://designtheory.org/software/gap_design/

This GAP v4.3 package is for the classification, partitioning and study
of block designs (which include but are not restricted to t-designs).
This package can also write and read block designs in our External
Representation XML-format.

Comments, questions, bug reports -->  gap-design at designtheory.org

Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone
you think may be interested.

Enjoy,
    The Developers